New 2012 Arbitration Hearing Locations (effective 1/01/12)
- 1) Collinsville, Herrin, Mt. Vernon
- 2) Quincy, Springfield, Urbana
- 3) Bloomington, Kewanee, Peoria
- 4) Geneva, Joliet, Ottawa
- 5) Rockford, Waukegan, Woodstock
- 6) Wheaton (3 Chicago arbitrators will be assigned to appear in Wheaton)
The reduction of the current 23 downstate hearing locations to the 16 new locations will increase the efficiency of the Commission by reducing associated facility costs and attempt to evenly spread out pending caseloads between arbitrators for more efficient allocation of human resources.
Three arbitrators will now appear at each of the new hearing site locations in rotation by region as required by the new Illinois workers comp reform law and new cases will be randomly assigned among the 3 assigned arbitrators. A set of 3 arbitrators will circulate within the designated geographical zones with each arbitrator taking their turn at handling the monthly hearings and motions with a return to the 90-day continuance cycle.
Questions regarding the new hearing locations should be directed to Ms. Bertha Parker at [email protected]